Commodore 64 SD Card Reader (SD2IEC) and Epyx Fastload Cartridge combo C64 For Sale
Commodore 64 SD Card Reader (SD2IEC) and Epyx Fastload Cartridge combo C64:
This cartridge for the commodore 64, sx 64, and commodore 128 acts as both the SD2IEC and the famous Epyx Fastload Cartridge, shipped to you in a box with padding, anti static sealed bag, and documentation on how to use, via express post sent the same or next business day after your payment is made.
- Use a microSD card as mediaon your original hardware (SD2IEC), this device functions like an additional Disk Drive.
- The SD2IEC feature connects directly to the serial port (IEC) of the commodore 64 or in the back of an existing 1541 (or compatible) disk drive unit. Powered by the cartridge slot leaving tape socket free.
- It can be configured to drive 8,9,10, or 11 with jumpers and then setup as a second drive or used as the primary drive.
- Use d64 or PRG files downloaded from the internet or create them from your existing disks onto the SD card and copy onto your pc for storage or distribution to the internet.
- The Epyx Fastload cartridge feature gives you a great DOSWedge kernal upgrade that includes a non-destructive directory command ("$") as shown, as well as menu driven disk utilities. The fast loader feature of up to 5x speed of software loading on both your SD2IEC or 1541 and compatible disk drives.
- Additionally you can attach an external 5volt dc power source and run this on your non c64 compatible commodore 8bit computers such as the c16, vic20, or plus4.
- Shown with the case off running on my Vic20 using an old USB charger slightly modified to provide the 5volts dc, some users have drilled the case to use directly.
- This is a complete solution to the current price and reliability of floppy disks and slow disk speeds that the 1541 or other SD2IEC units suffer.
- Brand new MCU (DIP or SMD).
Pickup or Shipped from Melbourne (Eastern Suburbs) by express post with tracking details provided. I always sent the same or next working day as quickly as i can. Items listed are already assembled, tested, and packaged prior to advertising. Items are well packed in a box with a good amount of padding and anti static bag. They are not shipped in a tiny padded bag risking bending or other damage in the post.
Please note, case colour may vary, card is not included.