Knoppix Linux OS v8.6.1 32 GB USB - The Original Live Operating System For Sale
Knoppix Linux OS v8.6.1 32 GB USB - The Original Live Operating System :
Knoppix Linux OS v8.6.1 32 GB USB - The Original Live Operating System!
Knoppix was the first Operating System designed to work "live" from a USB drive.
Although KNOPPIX is primarily designed to be used as a Live USB it can also be installed on a hard disk like a typical operating system. It mostly consists of free and open source software, but also includes some proprietary software, as long as it fulfils certain conditions.
Knoppix can be used to copy files easily from hard drives with inaccessible operating systems. To quickly and more safely use Linux software, the Live USB can be used instead of installing another OS.
More than 2600 packages are included with up to nine gigabytes stored in compressed form. These packages include:
- LXDE, a lightweight X11 desktop environment
- MPlayer, with MP3 audio, and Ogg Vorbis audio playback support
- Internet access software, including the KPPP dialer and ISDN utilities
- The Iceweasel web browser (based on Mozilla Firefox)
- The Icedove e-mail client (based on Mozilla Thunderbird)
- GIMP, an image manipulation program
- Tools for data rescue and system repair
- Network analysis and administration tools
- LibreOffice, a comprehensive office suite
- Terminal server
Knoppix was one of the first Live Linux distributions to gain popularity. There are several factors that contribute to the popularity of Knoppix:
- Knoppix was one of the first Live USBs available, and is known as the "original" Debian-based Live CD
- Its extensive hardware detection allows most systems to start Knoppix without any configuration
- Its ability to automatically connect to most kinds of networks
- Its utilities for system repair and troubleshooting
This is (honestly!) an easy boot-up (as per the instructions below)
1) Ensure that your PC is switched off
2) Plug in the USB stick in a spare port
3) Switch on the PC
4) When the logo appears then press a key to get to your setup; typical keys are shown below:
ManufacturerKeyAcerEsc, F12, F9AsusEsc, F8ClevoF7DellF12FujitsuF12, EscHPF9, EscLenovoF12, Novo, F8, F10SamsungEsc, F12, F2SonyF11, Esc, F10ToshibaF12others…F12, Esc
5) Change the boot settings to boot from USB
6) Save and exit
7) The OS will now install, follow the instructions to install to your PC
Why should you buy from me?
1) Same day despatch is ordered before 4pm
2) Installs come on a high-quality Toshiba USB stick and not generic cheap storage media
3) Proven seller
4) I will help support you, where I can, for any installation issues or advice
5)Each individual USB is checked prior to despatch (to check it works and to check the latest version)