NEWPRINT Vintage Computer Virtual Wi-Fi Printer for TRS-80/Apple II/Other For Sale
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
NEWPRINT Vintage Computer Virtual Wi-Fi Printer for TRS-80/Apple II/Other:
NEWPRINT/MultiVirtual Wi-Fi printer with web-browser outputfor TRS-80/Apple II/Other
See plaidvest.com for more details and 10% off when ordering from thereIncludes one interface cable. Please specify TRS-80, Apple II, or Centronics cable type in your purchase notes.Details
- NEWPRINT/Multi is a Wi-Fi-enabled "virtual" printer adapter that connects to your computer's printer port and your local Wi-Fi network to send printer output to any device that supports a modern browser (iPad, Desktop PC, Mac, etc.).
- The NEWPRINT web interface can show printer output as plain text, hexadecimal values, Print Shop graphics (Apple II), or Apple IIgs GS/OS graphics printing.
- Text mode output does not (currently) understand special printer control codes used by most word processors (BOLD, multiple font sizes, Form Feed, etc.).
- The NEWPRINT web interface is available from any browser on your local Wi-Fi network atnewprint.local
- NEWPRINT uses the standard HTML WebSocket API so you can even write your own web-based or desktop interface for displaying and processing NEWPRINT output.
- TRS80 Model 1/3/4/4p
- Apple II+/IIe/IIgs with Grappler+ or compatible parallel printer card
- Other vintage computers*
*Note: Other vintage computersmaywork with NEWPRINT if they support a standard parallel printer but a custom cable may be required. I have had reports of Atari and C64 machines working when used with a Supergraphix Centronics printer adapter. This support is not guaranteed as I do not have these machines to test with.
- Wi-Fi requires a 2.4Ghz network. 5Ghz is not supported.
- Apple II series require a Grappler+ (or compatible) parallel printer card
- Note: A standard USB-to-Barrel jack power cable is included
- TRS-80 is text only
- Apple II series emulates a 4-Color Imagewriter printer with PDF output option
- Apple II series supports text and Print Shop graphics
- Apple IIgs supports Print Shop/GS and GS/OS graphics output (requires Harmonie printer drivers)
- A nice review/overview by Brad Grier (here)
I have a 100% positive rating so you can buy with confidence.
Sorry USA buyers only.
All of my items are smoke-free unless otherwise specified.
Thanks and good luck buyers!