When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The idun-cartridge-128 mates your C128 to a Raspberry Pi, turning it into a kinda-sorta-modern machine with infinite play value, while also being a great tool for developing new applications for this best 8-bitter ever!
Note: NO Raspberry Pi included. You must provide your own. The preferred model is the Zero 2, but other models will work.Why?
Do you like your retro-computers to be much more than just show pieces or curiosities? With idun-cart, you can use your C128 daily, in new and interesting ways.
- MS-DOS like shell launches applications instantly
- Unlimited configurable virtual devices including floppies and hard drives with sub-directories
- Full access to Linux on the Raspberry Pi through the VT-100 terminal application
- Access telnet BBS\'s at Ethernet or Wi-Fi speeds and with VT-100 or ANSI graphics
- Web interface for easy file management from your PC
- Switch into \"Arcade mode\" to quickly search and instantly load games for the C64 mode
- Stream SID tunes remotely from your PC using the awesome Acid64 Player app for Windows
- Full API for developing applications in 6502 assembly and modern Lua script!
- Easy/instant switching between 6502 and Z80 programs! And build Z80 programs on the cartridge w/ C or assembly.
- Open source code to use, modify, learn from, contribute
- USB game controllers on your C128
Professionally assembled and tested PCB and free-to-download/open-source software (on GitHub)
A Raspberry Pi (model Zero 2 recommended) is required for operation, and NOT INCLUDED.