From Knoppix Documentation Wiki
- If you use an old Knoppix version you may need to install LVM tools first. Version 5.0.1 and later (at least) already have the packages and dm-mod module loaded, and the following first steps are not necessary.
# modprobe dm-mod # apt-get update # apt-get install lvm-common lvm2 If you needed the above steps, remember that the tools are in /lib/lvm-200 but if you don't want to type the complete path, you may link them into /usr/bin. # lndir /lib/lvm-200/ /usr/sbin/
- To use existing volume groups you have to activate them.
# vgscan # vgchange -a y
- To mount a logical volume first find out what it is called, unless you know already. Use lvs or vgdisplay/lvdisplay for this.
# lvs LV VG Attr LSize Origin Snap% Move Log Copy% home vg -wi-ao 2.09G var vg -wi-ao 1.32G
- In this example, the volume group 'vg' contains two logical volumes, called 'home' and 'var'. To mount the 'home' volume:
# mount /dev/vg/home /mnt/tmp # ls /mnt/tmp lost+found fuzzy joe mp3
- The volumes can be accessed with names /dev/<vg>/<lv> or /dev/mapper/vg-lv. For example, the file /dev/vg/home is a symbolic link to /dev/mapper/vg-home, and you can use either name to mount it.