Security Live CD
Echelon is a Damn Small Linux based distro from France, for monitoring and managing network.
Content: Apache based system, network monitoring with Nagios, vulnerabilities scan with Nessus, services monitoring, configuration tools (with web interface).
- Homepage: http://freshmeat.net/projects/echelonlinux/ and http://www.echelonlinux.org (offline)
- Download: ftp://mirror2.echelonlinux.org/ (offline)
- Screenshot: http://www.echelonlinux.org/index.html#screenshot (offline)
- Latest version: 0.2.iso (last updated 2004)
- Size: 108,172 KB
- Language: French and English
- Author: Mikaël Mourcia.
Helix focuses on Incident Response & Forensics tools. Helix has been modified very carefully to NOT touch the host computer in any way and it is forensically sound. Helix wil not auto mount swap space, nor auto mount any attached devices. Helix also has a special Windows autorun side for Incident Response and Forensics.
- Homepage: http://www.e-fense.com/helix/
- Size: ?
- Language: English
- Forums: http://www.e-fense.com/helix/forum/index.php
Inside Security Rescue Toolkit (INSERT) is a LiveCD based on Knoppix.
Content: various tools: network analysis (lcrzoex), disaster recovery (gpart),
anti virus (Clam Antivirus), forensics (chkrootkit), surf internet (links, AxY FTP)
- Homepage: http://www.inside-security.de/INSERT_en.html]
- Size: Small, fit into credit card sized CD-ROM.
- Language: German, English
KnoppixSTD is a Knoppix based LiveCD with focus on Security and Network management tools. Content: Fluxbox, Wide variety of security tools.
Local Area Security is a Knoppix based distro with focus on Security tools.
Content: pen testing, forensics, monitoring, firewalls, IDS, and administration.
- Homepage: http://www.localareasecurity.com
- Latest version: 0.4 Main
- Size: 185 MB and 210 MB MiniCD.
Penguin Sleuth Kit is a Knoppix based LiveCD with focus on computer forensic examinations and information security tools.