PDA

View Full Version : How to start xfce4 by default on a remaster



mzilikazi
05-08-2004, 04:09 PM
The only way I can get xfce4 to start on my remaster is to use 'desktop=xfce4' but it is the only WM on the disc so really there is no need for a choice.

I have looked at /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession but don't really know what I would add to that file for an xfce4 entry.
Perhaps something like:

[ -n "$XFCE4DIR" ] || XFCE4DIR="/usr"
export XFCE4DIR

What does the following do:

DONTCHANGE=""
[ -e $HOME/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals ] && DONTCHANGE="yes"

I have added this:

# xfce4 is the default
[ -z "$DESKTOP" ] && DESKTOP="xfce4


Thanks for any ideas.

mzilikazi
05-08-2004, 08:33 PM
Got it. Since /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig reads the boot paramaters I just fed it one as defualt. :) Change line 437:

DESKTOP="$(getbootparam desktop 2>/dev/null)"
to

DESKTOP=xfce4

This however is NOT a good solution if you have multiple WM's.