PDA

View Full Version : php with gd support



langhaarrocker
05-13-2004, 03:24 PM
Hi!
Am I right that the php in knoppix 3.4 has no gd (image related stuff) compiled in?
Assuming I have to build my own knoppix for php with gd I downloaded the php sources, compiled the stuff (using knoppix) but failed to install the new version of php. The problem is that 'make install' wants to write to the cd - which obviously must fail. Has anybody a clever hint on how to circumvent that problem?

Phil

narsene
05-22-2004, 07:17 PM
Hi, i don't speak very well english.
If you want to use the gd2 lib for php4 you just have to write in the console 'apt-get install php4-gd2'
If you don't have the package, you should modify your source list /etc/apt/sources.list and choose the unstable packages...
have fun ++

narsene
05-22-2004, 07:45 PM
Oupss you have to do something else..
Add this line in your php.ini (/etc/apache/php.ini i think):
extension=gd.so

Then restart your apache and it is done !!