PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix - windows file sharing



shiva_iitm
05-13-2004, 07:12 PM
I had set up a knoppix 3.3 box on my windows network. I am able see all Windows 98, 95 and NT machines on the network and I am able to access the shared files of windows machines with & without password. But When I share a folder in my home directory of the Knoppix machine and try to access the same from a windows machine, the windows machine asks for a password to connect to IPC$. None of the passwords relevant to the knoppix / windows machines work here. How do I solve this problem?

Please help.

marhleet
03-13-2005, 08:02 AM
further to this .....

from my win2k machine, i get prompted for a username and password
from my win98 machine, it asks for the password to //machine/IPC$ resource

the reg key for
local-machine - system - currentcontrolset - services - vxd - vnetsup
using EnablePlainTextPassword
doesn't work with the key set to 0 or 1