View Full Version : Next version of Knoppix CD
daviskacer
05-20-2004, 06:46 AM
here are some suggestions for additions to the already great Knoppix CD
--------------------
please if possible add the win32 codecs for xine.
the macromedia flash plugin
a midi file player
see if we can get wine working.
for the english version fix the menus for OpenOffice so they are no longer in German
(my German isn't that good)
Great job!
here are some suggestions for additions to the already great Knoppix CD
--------------------
please if possible add the win32 codecs for xine.
I would like this too, but there is no way Klaus is going to put w32codecs on Knoppix because of liscensing issues.
the macromedia flash plugin
The CD already has a download and install script for this.[/quote]
a midi file player
Yes this would be nice. I've downloaded and installed Timidity once I've done a HD install of Knoppix.
see if we can get wine working.
Wine is working fine for me. What are you having trouble with?
probono
05-20-2004, 12:44 PM
I would like this too, but there is no way Klaus is going to put w32codecs on Knoppix because of liscensing issues.
I am working on (K)mplayer with w32codecs as a klik recipe. You will then be able to install it on the fly from the web in your running Knoppix.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.