brad
06-18-2004, 05:03 PM
I have set up a Suse9.0 box and made it a "kiosk" (web browser only) box.
I found it pretty simple in suse. The change I made was to edit the .xinitrc
file in the user home directory. Suse by default uses this to start the
windowmanager with a command and variable called:
exec $WINDOWMANAGER
i commented out this line and added:
while [ 1 ];
do
/usr/bin/firefox
done
failsafe="/usr/bin/firefox"
So in my knoppix 3.4 remaster I want to do the same thing.
Where do i disable where/how kde loads so I can add my /usr/bin/firefox line?
Thanks
I found it pretty simple in suse. The change I made was to edit the .xinitrc
file in the user home directory. Suse by default uses this to start the
windowmanager with a command and variable called:
exec $WINDOWMANAGER
i commented out this line and added:
while [ 1 ];
do
/usr/bin/firefox
done
failsafe="/usr/bin/firefox"
So in my knoppix 3.4 remaster I want to do the same thing.
Where do i disable where/how kde loads so I can add my /usr/bin/firefox line?
Thanks