View Full Version : Can't find boot.img
femialpha
07-17-2004, 10:54 PM
Hello, I am new to remastering cd's and I need documentation on customizing knoppix 3.4. The one's I have seen are for older versions and don't seem to work. Thanks.
CrashedAgain
07-19-2004, 02:24 AM
Hello, I am new to remastering cd's and I need documentation on customizing knoppix 3.4. The one's I have seen are for older versions and don't seem to work. Thanks.
I also am finding some problems remastering 3.4, all the customizing/removing/installing etc. works ok but the finished result doesn't compress small enough and won't boot.
What problems are you having?
femialpha
07-24-2004, 01:51 AM
I could not find the boot.img and have now discovered that 3.4 no longer uses it. Can you post the link to the documentation you use?
Sago7
07-24-2004, 02:25 AM
I use this documentation for remastering 3.4
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/KnoppixRemasteringHowto
And 23.4 use isolinux... the image files are in /boot/isolinux...
Good luck!
eekarum
08-04-2004, 05:45 AM
Herein linked are some of Dr. Klaus Knopper's "3.4" scripts :
Hope this helps ;)
http://mailman.linuxtag.org/pipermail/debian-knoppix/2004-May/005224.html
http://mailman.linuxtag.org/pipermail/debian-knoppix/2003-January/001593.html
Note his WARNING posted at the link above -- the scripts :
- will destroy your entire system,
- will make your computer and everything around it unusable,
- cause chaos and destruction,
- will invalidate every data you have ever produced and render your
backups unreadable as well. Power will fail and your CDs will explode.
Modify these scripts before executing them, or otherwise they are just going to destroy everything. hehe, just kidding ;-)
But seriously, they do need to be modified, just how exactly I am not sure...
Hope this helps.
ZoolTheNinja
08-13-2004, 07:04 PM
Assuming you are in /mnt/hda1/knx/master
Try this on for size (Knoppix 3.4)...
(All one command)
mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX_THING_YOU_ARE_MAKING" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o /mnt/hda1/knx/knoppix.iso /mnt/kda1/knx/master
(This was listed in the directions, just after the first mkisofs command that included the boot.img file reference.)
pcween
09-29-2004, 11:23 PM
the mkisofs-command does not work on my knoppix 3.6. i followed that documentation: http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/KnoppixRemasteringHowto
everything goes well until the last command (mkisofs). it does not find the isolinux.bin. i did a search and found that file in the /cdrom/boot-directory... is there an updated howto for knoppix 3.6??
edit: i actually used the german translation of the howto. i just compared it with the english version. the german one lacks important information and should be updated :-)
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.