PDA

View Full Version : incorporating knoppix into multiboot dvd



will.murnane
07-30-2004, 04:03 AM
I am putting together a multiboot DVD (per instructions here (http://flyakite.msfnhosting.com/)) and was wondering how to add Knoppix to this type of setup. Is there a way to automatically pass cheatcodes to a floppy image, so I could do something like this in cdshell.ini (http://cdshell.org):
memdisk \boot\knoppix.img
and then have it automatically pass "knoppix bootfrom=/dev/cdrom/knoppix/knoppix.iso" to the floppy image? with respect to that, is there a way to autodetect cdrom (like this) or do I need to pass "bootfrom=/dev/hdc/knoppix/knoppix.iso"?

or is this too complicated? is there a tool which does for ISOs what memdisk does for floppy images?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Will

nayr
07-30-2004, 08:36 PM
I think you will find it easier to do it the other way arround..
incorprate a multiboot cd into knoppix... knoppix uses isolinux so you can easly add floppy images..

Thats what I have done, Im working on a support cdrom that we can distribute with all of our new computers.. I put a bunch of images from the ultimate boot cd like aiada32 and all the drive diagnostics and added em to my knoppix cd

will.murnane
07-31-2004, 03:05 AM
<whine>but everything is already working in cdshell! oh and i get a pretty graphical menu! and... and...</whine>

well, it would be nice to go that way around, but first i'd have to get the iso image before i could know if anything else works. what i'd like to do is have it work with x functionality now and then when knoppix finishes downloading (56k 8) ) then i could add it in. i guess i could get the floppy image, mount it loopback, and then edit isolinux.cfg (?). or just get dsl $).

i like the general idea of booting from iso images, though. wouldn't it be nice to get a dvd with 6 or 7 iso's and a loader that emulated a cdrom drive? it would make my life so much easier.