View Full Version : knoppix with GmailFS
zzphile
08-29-2004, 06:44 PM
anyone working on or thought of using GmailFS (http://richard.jones.name/google-hacks/gmail-filesystem/gmail-filesystem.html) with knoppix to hold settings, files, etc... ?
Daft_Cat
08-30-2004, 06:28 PM
Yes, I sure have.
I am not certain how long this will last, but I haven't read GMail's EULA either.
probono
09-12-2004, 09:24 PM
I have GmailFS running with Knoppix (running from CD without remastering), but it is slowww... I'll continue testing though.
pau1knopp
09-12-2004, 09:41 PM
I have GmailFS running with Knoppix (running from CD without remastering), but it is slowww... I'll continue testing though.
ProBono, will there be a klik package in the near future?
Thanks,
~pau1
probono
09-12-2004, 09:47 PM
ProBono, will there be a klik package in the near future?
Well, I have to test it better first. Also it requires compiling stuff... something klik normally does not do. But we'll see.
rwcitek
09-01-2005, 05:52 AM
I have GmailFS running with Knoppix (running from CD without remastering), but it is slowww... I'll continue testing though.
Do you have notes on how you did this? Did you do an "apt-get install gmailfs", follow Richard's instructions, or something else?
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.