View Full Version : Sound opening thing...
chris-harry
09-15-2004, 10:12 AM
can you make Knoppix play a sound file when you login?
metavoid
09-15-2004, 03:19 PM
Yep.
Only tried for hdinstall.
Kde Control Center
Sound & multimedia
System Notification
Kde system notification -> Kde is starting up
Simply assign a sound.
If you are not using kde, I have no idea :)
CrashedAgain
09-16-2004, 06:30 PM
If you have not yet set up to make your event sounds to work yet, you may have to do some setup to get event sounds to work:
1.In KDE controlcenter->enable sounds;turn on system notifications.
2.Then go to /home/user/.KDE/share/config/knotifyrc (hidden file folder...set konqueror to view hidden files) and set all three entries to true.
You should now have event sounds but maybe not sounds from websites (if using konqueror as a browser). So,
3. Go to configure konqueror->plugins->plugins; then enable 'pipe plugin sounds through arts'
You should now have sounds from websites.
4. You will also need the xmms-arts plugin to prevent the arts daemon from interfereing with xmms: Apt-get install xmms-arts, then in xmms->options->preferences set output plugin to aRTs instead of OSS.
chris-harry
09-17-2004, 10:20 AM
thank you. :D
no_name
11-10-2004, 07:29 AM
Thanks for that awesome tip on how to make sound work in Knoppix. I'm listening to Tchaikovsky on XMMS as I write this and it’s never sounded so goood! Thanx again! I also installed Kaffeine and Jenna Jameson has never looked so goood (just kidding - maybe). It’s hard to believe that all this is essentially a labour of love. The only thing that I'm still not too happy with is OpenOffice. I’m looking forward to OOo 2.0.
:D
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.