probono
09-18-2004, 11:25 PM
Hi all,
I would like to suggest a "user=" cheatcode. The username supplied should be used to determine $HOSTNAME, $USER, $HOME instead of the hardcoded name "knoppix". This can be useful for various situations:
* In a network, you the different machines can have different names, not all just "knoppix"
* If you need/want to run everything as root, you can use the "user=root" cheatcode
Implementation of this cheatcode would not be too hard, so I would highly welcome if it could be implemented in the next versions.
probono
I would like to suggest a "user=" cheatcode. The username supplied should be used to determine $HOSTNAME, $USER, $HOME instead of the hardcoded name "knoppix". This can be useful for various situations:
* In a network, you the different machines can have different names, not all just "knoppix"
* If you need/want to run everything as root, you can use the "user=root" cheatcode
Implementation of this cheatcode would not be too hard, so I would highly welcome if it could be implemented in the next versions.
probono