View Full Version : integrate ATi-drivers
Hello from Germany,
would it be possible to integrate the ATi-drivers in Knoppix?!
I am using a notebook (Targa Visionary XP) with an external monitor (Iiyama LS902UT - VisionMaster 1451) and i would like to switch between them...
Thanks
Mike
probono
09-20-2004, 12:41 AM
Probably the ATI drivers will not be integrated unless ATI releases them under the GPL license.
Greetings,
probono
sandman
09-29-2004, 06:01 PM
I wish to include ati drivers on my knoppix remaster, but i want also to support nvidia and other cards.
Someone knows if it is possible?
probono
10-03-2004, 10:33 PM
I wish to include ati drivers on my knoppix remaster, but i want also to support nvidia and other cards.
Someone knows if it is possible?
nvidia:
I tried it recently under Kanotix BH8, and it was very easy because Kanotix comes with a precompiled nvidia module. Simply run Kanotix and enter nvidia-live.sh - I got an error message, but a fully usable nvidia.tgz and knoppix.sh which gave me a perfectly working nvidia installation.
ati:
Kanotix comes with install-radeon-debian.sh but I haven't tried that.
I don't know how well all of this works under Knoppix.
kuser123
10-04-2004, 08:25 AM
Probably the ATI drivers will not be integrated unless ATI releases them under the GPL license.
Greetings,
probono
Does the actual license not allow to include the driver?
Or are the reasons because of the policy of the knoppix and debian makers? I'm shure nvidia and ati will NEVER release their drivers under GPL because a lot of knowledge is in them.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.