PDA

View Full Version : multiple OS boot for live linux posssible ?



adrianmak
11-05-2004, 01:33 AM
I have an idea.

Can I put different live cds all together in a dvdr and it allowed me to select which os want to boot ?

because I want to customize different os for different purpose to control the overall bootup time.
e.g. one os customized for server use i.e. no x window, no kde, gnome, etc
one customized for multimedia use
one customized for network admin use i.e. only network tool is available

jsutton
11-05-2004, 04:11 AM
sounds like an idea al a Ultimate Boot CD (http://ubcd.sf.net).

adrianmak
11-05-2004, 05:48 AM
does ultimate boot cd support only creation of cd image ?
on the other words, creation of dvd iso image is not supported

mzilikazi
11-05-2004, 02:42 PM
does ultimate boot cd support only creation of cd image ?
on the other words, creation of dvd iso image is not supported

An cd.iso is the same as a dvd.iso the only difference being the size! ;)

Maybe this link helps:
http://linuxgazette.net/issue85/sipos.html