Reven
11-07-2004, 06:46 PM
Hi,
I am trying to create an auto mounted file system when system is rebooted. I altered the /etc/fstab file and changed the option to "auto".
But after I reboot the system,the fstab file doesn't take affect and the accociated file system option restroed to "noauto".It seem that when system reboot ,the file fstab is rewriten.Following is my file fstab and I didn't change anything.
/dev/hda6 / ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/fd0 /floppy vfat defaults,user,noauto,showexec,umask=022 0 0
usbdevfs /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs defaults 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs defaults 0 0
/dev/cdrom /cdrom iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
/dev/dvd /dvd iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
/dev/cdaudio /cdaudio iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 ntfs noauto,users,exec,ro,umask=000 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/hda2 /mnt/hda2 vfat noauto,users,exec,umask=000 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/hda5 /mnt/hda5 ntfs noauto,users,exec,ro,umask=000 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/hda7 /mnt/hda7 auto noauto,users,exec 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/hda8 /mnt/hda8 ext2 noauto,users,exec 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/hda9 /mnt/hda9 vfat noauto,users,exec,umask=000 0 0
Thanks. [/quote][/b]
I am trying to create an auto mounted file system when system is rebooted. I altered the /etc/fstab file and changed the option to "auto".
But after I reboot the system,the fstab file doesn't take affect and the accociated file system option restroed to "noauto".It seem that when system reboot ,the file fstab is rewriten.Following is my file fstab and I didn't change anything.
/dev/hda6 / ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/fd0 /floppy vfat defaults,user,noauto,showexec,umask=022 0 0
usbdevfs /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs defaults 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs defaults 0 0
/dev/cdrom /cdrom iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
/dev/dvd /dvd iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
/dev/cdaudio /cdaudio iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 ntfs noauto,users,exec,ro,umask=000 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/hda2 /mnt/hda2 vfat noauto,users,exec,umask=000 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/hda5 /mnt/hda5 ntfs noauto,users,exec,ro,umask=000 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/hda7 /mnt/hda7 auto noauto,users,exec 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/hda8 /mnt/hda8 ext2 noauto,users,exec 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/hda9 /mnt/hda9 vfat noauto,users,exec,umask=000 0 0
Thanks. [/quote][/b]