View Full Version : Remastering ISO
mAineAc
11-08-2004, 12:53 AM
Can you remaster an iso without being booted up into it? Or is there a way to uncompress the knoppix file so that you can chroot to it and remaster it that way?
bfree
11-08-2004, 03:11 AM
Can you remaster an iso without being booted up into it? Or is there a way to uncompress the knoppix file so that you can chroot to it and remaster it that way?
As long as you have a cloop module for your existing kernel you don't need to be running knoppix to remaster it. You can as root/sudo and with cd mounted (really or loop) on /mnt/iso:
insmod cloop
losetup /dev/cloop /mnt/iso/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
mount -o ro /dev/cloop /mnt/cloop
Then you can copy the contents of the knoppix file onto your drive somewhere and chroot into it to make your changes.
mAineAc
11-08-2004, 03:42 AM
Thank you. That was just what I was looking for.
ironstorm
11-14-2004, 04:32 AM
I'm trying to remaster a DamnSmallLinux ISO from a Knoppix system booted off of a CD...
When I try:
# losetup /dev/cloop /mnt/hda2/iso-dsl/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
ioctl: LOOP_SET_FD: Device or resource busy
When I try:
# losetup /dev/cloop1 /mnt/hda2/iso-dsl/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
/dev/cloop1: Too many levels of symbolic links
which makes sense since /dev/cloop1 -> /KNOPPIX/dev/cloop1 -> /KNOPPIX/dev/cloop1 (itself)...
Anyway just wondering if this is possible...
Cheers,
-G
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.