PDA

View Full Version : net problems



Dizzle04
11-24-2004, 02:31 AM
Hi, Im currently running Knoppix 3.6 on my system. I seem to have a problem with connecting to the net. It says that it cant see the network. I have a 3Com EtherLink XL net card running under a Linksys router. Could someone help me plz. Im kinda new to Linux.

P.S. Im runnin Knoppix on a CD

OErjan
11-24-2004, 08:07 PM
ok, type
sudo ifconfig and tell me what it says.
then perhaps you could describe how the router is setup.

Dizzle04
11-28-2004, 09:04 AM
ok i'll check this out thanx. :lol:

Dizzle04
11-28-2004, 09:11 PM
Here ya go:

Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:8 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:8 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:400 (400.0 b) TX bytes:400 (400.0 b)


and the router is connect thru WAN connection instead of the usual uplink.
I hope this helps a little :lol: