ZioNemo
12-12-2004, 10:31 AM
I just downloaded latest (8-dec) Knoppix.
I have an ATI ALL-IN-WONDER 9000 video card; It works perfectly under X.
I tried to setup the TV Tuner using the "Setup TV card" menu, but I didn't find the exact match for my card in the menus.
I tried a couple of near-misses (ATI TV Wonder), but "the script aborted". [[minor glitch: the menu refused to work with the default empty root password! I had to set a non-empty password and then use that]].
I tried searching the forums, but all that turened out was how to use ATI cards under X; as said: that works fine.
I'm probably missing something.
Can someone point me in the right direction?
My target is to avoid installing Linux on this PC, but retain possibility to use to watch TV and use it as a VCR.
If that's relevent: I live in Europe (Italy) and so I do not know if MythTV is the best software to use. ANy comments and advice welcome, also :)
Thanks in Advance.
I have an ATI ALL-IN-WONDER 9000 video card; It works perfectly under X.
I tried to setup the TV Tuner using the "Setup TV card" menu, but I didn't find the exact match for my card in the menus.
I tried a couple of near-misses (ATI TV Wonder), but "the script aborted". [[minor glitch: the menu refused to work with the default empty root password! I had to set a non-empty password and then use that]].
I tried searching the forums, but all that turened out was how to use ATI cards under X; as said: that works fine.
I'm probably missing something.
Can someone point me in the right direction?
My target is to avoid installing Linux on this PC, but retain possibility to use to watch TV and use it as a VCR.
If that's relevent: I live in Europe (Italy) and so I do not know if MythTV is the best software to use. ANy comments and advice welcome, also :)
Thanks in Advance.