PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix Live CD for PCG-F450 WinXP



antigenes
02-08-2005, 02:50 PM
Has anyone figured out how to run knoppix's live cd on a sony vaio pcg-f450? I tried running it but it hangs on the following:

starting caldera dr.dos
emm386 3.27 (c)1992, 1998 Caldera Inc. All Rights Reserved
Frame=cc00 Kb=32768

and a blinking cursor.

The keyboard is deemed inoperative so I cannot type in any commands. I am a newbie to Knoppix so most likely it is something simple, but I have tried for several weeks to figure this one out.

Currently I run WinXP SP2 without a problem, but I want to stop with the microsoft madness.

bigkahuna
02-08-2005, 07:56 PM
Hi,

Knoppix 3.7 runs OK on my PCG-FXA32, what version of Knoppix are you running and what hardware does your Sony Vaio have?

Ritchie
02-09-2005, 11:02 AM
I had that message recently when burning some ISOs using Nero......became clear that it was a duff burn. You need to try again using the "Burn image" option from the main screen file menu. Make sure u don;t use the wizard it can lead to the wrong choices.

antigenes
02-11-2005, 12:28 PM
Thanks, it appears it was my cd image. Worked like a charm. Have numerous error messages, but at least it is running. Now I am wondering if it is worth the change. :D