acer0001
03-07-2005, 06:42 PM
I have a need to use telnet to access a system that boots to a customized Knoppix CD. I need to remaster the CD so that telnetd will be available.
I have done the following:
-- added the following line to inetd.conf:
telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd in.telnetd
-- used the command:
update-inetd --enable telnet
-- made sure the following line is in /etc/services:
telnet 23/tcp
The CD is set to get an IP address via DHCP. Is there anything I am missing to make this work?
Thanks.
Acer0001
I have done the following:
-- added the following line to inetd.conf:
telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd in.telnetd
-- used the command:
update-inetd --enable telnet
-- made sure the following line is in /etc/services:
telnet 23/tcp
The CD is set to get an IP address via DHCP. Is there anything I am missing to make this work?
Thanks.
Acer0001