sennachie
04-06-2005, 09:24 AM
hi,
i want to add some extras to my knoppix cd.
for example a few educational tools that arent on it already.
i dont want to do a whole recompile of the kernel.
i just want to add an extra directory of software.
i want to know how to get knoppix to automatically install these extras when it does the default install.
I asked this question about another distribution.
I will post the answer I was given below.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The most easy way is that you:
1. download all packages to your hard drive (read "man apt-get" to learn how to do this).
2. burn BeatrIX as multisession CD
3. move all downloaded packages to a folder called "optsoft" and write a script like that and call it knoppix.sh:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
#Install all optional software in optsoft/
dpkg -i optsoft/*
4. burn the directory "optsoft" and the file knoppix.sh on the multisession cd (both in the BEATRIX folder)
I really think this is the most easy way of costumizing any BeatrIX/Knoppix/Kanotix/WhatEverIx Compact Disc.
my question is this. if theres already a knoppix.sh file on the cd wont writing another one mess it up?
and if i name it something else how do i get the knoppix cd to install the software before it actually boots into the system?
i want to add some extras to my knoppix cd.
for example a few educational tools that arent on it already.
i dont want to do a whole recompile of the kernel.
i just want to add an extra directory of software.
i want to know how to get knoppix to automatically install these extras when it does the default install.
I asked this question about another distribution.
I will post the answer I was given below.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The most easy way is that you:
1. download all packages to your hard drive (read "man apt-get" to learn how to do this).
2. burn BeatrIX as multisession CD
3. move all downloaded packages to a folder called "optsoft" and write a script like that and call it knoppix.sh:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
#Install all optional software in optsoft/
dpkg -i optsoft/*
4. burn the directory "optsoft" and the file knoppix.sh on the multisession cd (both in the BEATRIX folder)
I really think this is the most easy way of costumizing any BeatrIX/Knoppix/Kanotix/WhatEverIx Compact Disc.
my question is this. if theres already a knoppix.sh file on the cd wont writing another one mess it up?
and if i name it something else how do i get the knoppix cd to install the software before it actually boots into the system?