View Full Version : Was any body able to remastr Kanotex?
knopx4me
04-07-2005, 09:34 AM
Did any body remaster Kanotex? I tried but got lots of problems. Do I need to do any thing different than Kanoppix?
arkaine23
04-07-2005, 09:25 PM
I'm pretty sure kanotix uses squashfs instead of cloop for compression. So the mkisofs command to build the comrpessed system would be different (much simpler in fact).
knopx4me
04-07-2005, 11:56 PM
arkaine23
Thanks for reply. Do you have an idea what mkisofs commands I should use instead of the following:
mkisofs -R -U -V "KNOPPIX.net filesystem" -publisher "KNOPPIX www.knoppix.net" -hide-rr-moved -cache-inodes -no-bak -pad /mnt/sda4/knx/source/KNOPPIX | nice -5 /usr/bin/create_compressed_fs -b - 65536 > /mnt/sda4/knx/master/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
and this:
mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b boot/grub/iso9660_stage1_5 -c boot/grub/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o /mnt/sda4/knx/knoppix.iso /mnt/sda4/knx/master
arkaine23
04-08-2005, 01:32 AM
It's something simple like:
mksqaushfs [source] [destination]
replaces the first mkisofs command, the second stays the same. I've never messed with it except installing the kernel patch and squashfs_tools. So you can search these forums to verify the syntax.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.