View Full Version : Boot into presentation
Nikolay
04-18-2005, 09:32 PM
Hello I want to remaster Knoppix that on a start up it will boot into open office and start presentation automatically, start like an index.html does. Looking for an advice ho to do it.
Thanks
Nikolay
knopx4me
04-18-2005, 11:00 PM
Did you try putting a link to that presentation in /home/knoppix/.kde/autostart folder? If you did not try it please do, I think it should work. If it does not work then try the following:
Make a file like this:
code:
#####Start#######
#!/bin/sh
ooimpress filename
######End########
Where filename is the name of your presentation file. And put it in /home/knoppix/.kde/autostart folder. It should work. Good luck
knopx4me
04-18-2005, 11:02 PM
I forgot to tell you that you need to make the above file executable.
Nikolay
04-19-2005, 09:44 AM
Thanks a lot, wll try as soon as get some time (tomorrow more likely) and will post the results, the only question will it the presentation into full screen mode?
Nikolay
knopx4me
04-20-2005, 09:33 PM
Nikolay
I am sorry, I do not make presentations. So, I do not know how to do it. But one thing I know, in Linux everything is possible, no limits. That's why, I love it. If you can't find an answer, I am willing to search for one. Please let me know.
Nikolay
04-23-2005, 07:43 PM
Thanks, still didn't try ( didn't have time at all this weeks (,
but hopefully by the end of next week will be free. Will try and post the results.:)
Nikolay
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.