View Full Version : Minimum Knoppix?
mjoolnir
04-27-2005, 05:35 AM
Hey everyone, I was wondering about what size knoppix would be if I removed all the non-essenials except the audio multimedia plugins(mp3, ogg codecs) I want to make a bootable stepmania CD and have 550mb-570mb of required files for stepmania, and was wondering if I could do this with just a GUI(maybe a web browser if there is space for troubleshooting) and what was stated above. Thanks -mjoolnir
ying-yang7
05-02-2005, 01:59 PM
You can try to remaster
http://inittab.org/lite_es.html
a 200 mb knoppix 3.7
or read the removed packages list, to know what you have to remove
http://inittab.org/removed.txt
or read the actually file list
http://inittab.org/packages.txt
Good Luck
atrick-pay
05-02-2005, 03:02 PM
or maybe a simi-custom DSL cd with their MYdsl add-ons you can get mplayer,
not sure about the ogg part.
damnsmalllinux.org (based on knoppix)
fulvioo
05-02-2005, 04:49 PM
Hey everyone, I was wondering about what size knoppix would be if I removed all the non-essenials except the audio multimedia plugins(mp3, ogg codecs) I want to make a bootable stepmania CD and have 550mb-570mb of required files for stepmania, and was wondering if I could do this with just a GUI(maybe a web browser if there is space for troubleshooting) and what was stated above. Thanks -mjoolnir
It doesn't exist. Believe me, I was looking for such remaster for 2 months, every day.
Which is a pretty good idea.
Only english language, kde (or xfce (better and small)), no firefox (konqueror), and only kedit. I believe a very very light knoppix remaster with just the base of files for X client and minimum usage is the perfect start point for any other remasters.
Maybe we should try to do it, Im sure it could be helpful for more people
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.