lordylordy
05-28-2005, 02:18 AM
Everytime I boot knoppix I have to faf about with the local to add English-GB.
Otherwise the keyboard mappings are wrong eg '@' swapped with double-quote etc.
\ and | etc.
This is a real pain at the command line. And I cant *quickly* change the local to English-UK
without pulling up a full language list.
There is English-US, French and German in the default list.
I'm **guessing** that there are at least as many English-GB users as at least one of these groups.
Unless anyone knows a quick way to boot knoppix with English-GB as the default?
Cheers,
Ydrol
Otherwise the keyboard mappings are wrong eg '@' swapped with double-quote etc.
\ and | etc.
This is a real pain at the command line. And I cant *quickly* change the local to English-UK
without pulling up a full language list.
There is English-US, French and German in the default list.
I'm **guessing** that there are at least as many English-GB users as at least one of these groups.
Unless anyone knows a quick way to boot knoppix with English-GB as the default?
Cheers,
Ydrol