PDA

View Full Version : Acrobat Reader 7.0



robman
06-07-2005, 10:35 AM
Why do Knoppix use Acrobat Reader 4?

Acrobat Reader 7.0 is out now.

Robman

tr
08-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Why do Knoppix use Acrobat Reader 4?

Acrobat Reader 7.0 is out now.

Robman

I think because it takes so much space from CD (55.8 MB in my remastered CD).

I got it by adding to /etc/apt/sources.list:
# Multimedia ( Adobe Reader, mplayer, kplayer, w32codecs etc.)
# deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ sarge main


-tapsa-

arkaine23
08-08-2005, 12:38 AM
And just where does one get acroread 4.0 from? I got 7.0 and deceided it uses too much space.

Kowood
08-19-2005, 08:33 PM
you dont need acrobat with linux....there's a program called xpdf and another called kghostview that read pdfs fine

UnderScore
08-19-2005, 09:13 PM
Kowood is mostly right. xpdf works but KPDF the KDE PDF reader will work better because it is using a more up to date & flexible pdf library called popplar.

d00m3d
08-21-2005, 04:16 AM
Indeed, the 7.0 is quite nasty. It just like sort of spyware in M$ world. See http://lwn.net/Articles/128950/