PDA

View Full Version : my remastered knoppix boots very slow



pubo
06-15-2005, 07:42 AM
I have remastered my knoppix 3.9, following the knoppix offical HOWTO.

I remaster the knoppix to support Chinese language.

After chroot,
1. I have removed all games, other localization packages (the i18n s), and stuff that I think is not needed
2. Then installed the Chinese localization package, Chinese input method.
3. After that I did a apt-get upgrade

Then I rebuilt the iso image (it's about 690 MB), and burnt to a CDRW.

However, when boot the remastered CD, the boot process stops at the X window (only shows the background and the mouse pointer) for a long long time, before it shows the KDE startup screen.

Any idea what is the problem? Could it due the the "apt-get upgrade"?

Thanks a lot.

Bob

angus
06-21-2005, 06:46 AM
hi bob,

I am new here. I also interested to include Chinese language support in my remaster CD.

Could u please list the steps on how to installed and find the Chinese localization/input method?? or at least direct me to some guideline information?

Really thanks a lot..

pubo
06-21-2005, 08:06 AM
1. Follow the remaster HOWTO steps, to chroot stage

2. use apt-get to install:
kde-i18n-zhcn (Chinese localization resource for kde)
fcitx (Chinese input method)
ttf-arphic-bkai00mp, ttf-arphic-gkai00mp, ttf-arphic-bsmi00lp, ttf-arphic-uming, ttf-arphic-ukai (optinal Chinese fonts)

3. follow the rest of steps in the remaster HOWTO to complete the remaster

ndkk
07-06-2005, 03:09 AM
HI pubo
I want to remaster Knoppix 3.9 to support chinese, too.
But fcitx I add doesn't word correctly. I used apt-get to add fcitx into knoppix, and every thing look well, I mean the chinese KDE interface, however fcitx doesn't work. Whatever I press Ctrl+space or shift, I can't change input mode.
I have changed LANG and LC_TYPE to zh_CN.gb2312, and add XOMDIFIERS and G_FILENAME_ENCODING environment variable, and they seem output correctly using echo.
This questiong troubled me days and nights, I try scim also, but it can't change anything. If you have any suggestion , pls contact me.

superjoe
07-07-2005, 08:34 AM
You should check the printenv | grep XMODIFIERS, you should get it set or you can not activate the fcitx also, i think the place to set is /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig or xsession file, make a try
maybe you need to vi ~/.fcitx/config to let fcitx show Chenese charactor,
In fact you need a lot of adjustment to have a complete Chenese environment
i have remastering a Kanotix which is base on knoppix with perfect Chinese support named Canotix but
now no links to download it.