PDA

View Full Version : Scaled-down Knoppix for rescue?



KathiSharpe
07-04-2005, 01:34 PM
Just a suggestion - I'd love to see a scaled-down version of Knoppix as a Windoze-rescue mechanism - without all of the open-office and similar whiz-bang stuff that makes it great for people who know and love linux - Just the core OS, a way to move files around, probably a basic text editor and core internet/networking items. Make it something a little less "Scary" :lol: for untechie spoonfeds to burn onto a CD,

OK, I admit. I saw, .iso? .md5? .PGP? and screamed, nearly fainted. See? spoonfed.

... you could even make a buck or two at it. I'd have gladly paid for an easy fix to this mess. Perhaps you could donate it to a scholarship fund to educate ex-windows users? :P

Again, just a thought. Don't know how feasible it would be from a techie standpoint and all.

Harry Kuhman
07-04-2005, 06:44 PM
Been there, done that, got the t-shit. DSL is one that comes to mind, but there are many others. See the link to other live CDs here (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=68382#68382).

KathiSharpe
07-04-2005, 09:01 PM
You mean there's others - other than knoppix?

:::faints:::


oh.

I had no idea that such wonders exist. I got here by recommendation of a dude on the microsoft forums :lol: ironic, ain't it?