View Full Version : remastering using iBuild
babelbrennt
07-19-2005, 12:44 AM
In the august edition of linux format magazine they mention Intellibuild (iBuild), which supposedly makes creating custom Live Cd's easier (http://ibuild.livecd.net/). There are screenshots and Howtos available with it. Accesses software from Debian. Personally I haven't a clue if it works cos I haven't got that far yet and I am not sure how you would go about adding a non Debian appllication (I need something similar to MS Project and can't find anything on Debian although I found GanttPV, Planner and Gantt Project, which appear to have similar GUI interfaces as MS Project, but do not appear to be in Debian).
UnderScore
07-19-2005, 01:08 AM
Have you tried to contact Ghandalfar? http://www.knoppix.net/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1509
He is one of the main developers (perhaps the only one) that makes the LiveKiosk at livecd.net.
babelbrennt
07-19-2005, 02:49 AM
Thanks for replying so quickly.Thought long and hard about writing this, but anyway...!! I have seen the word kiosk before and never known what was meant. After looking up liveCD.net and googling and asking Jeeves I think I am still non the wiser other than the LiveCD may be similar to iBuild in that it helps by remastering (hot/cold??). In which case Ghandalfar could give me info on remastering and/ my college software problem..??
babelbrennt
07-19-2005, 03:17 AM
PS. Guess I should have checked the Knoppix forum first. (http://www.cclug.org/wiki/Main/KioskMode )
Ghandalfar
07-24-2005, 10:53 AM
I am not sure how you would go about adding a non Debian appllication
Easiest way would be to package it for Debian then just write simple patch for it. Not so easy would be to write a patch that it would manualy copy it there (maybe via make install?)
Ibuild works, you just have to grasp its concept :)
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.