View Full Version : W-LAN Ericsson ha691 Pcmcia
NoTech
07-19-2005, 04:38 PM
Hi! I am new to linux, Knoppix is really cool!!
I have a Sony Vaio laptop and want to surf the net with my Pcmcia Ericsson HA691 and Ericsson Router,unfortunately in Knoppix 4.0 i didn't find any right configuration for that.
Googled for any ericsson HA691 drivers without results.
Any help please?
NoTech
07-19-2005, 05:23 PM
I add more info>
When booting linux i see:
CardMgr 1539 starting version 3.2.5
CardMgr Socket 0 Siemens Gigaset Pc Card ||
CardMgr Executing modprobe atmel_cs
CardMgr Executing ./network start eth0
.. /sbin/ifconfig eth0 up
../sbin/pump -i eth0 > dev/null
Then when i run the console with: Su root privileges
iwconfig eth0 i receive:
IEEE 802.11-DS ESSID: ``
Mode managed Frequency: 2.427Mhz Access point FF:00.00.00.00....
Bitrate 11Mb/s
retry min limit 7 rts thr:off fragment thr: off
encryption: off
power management: off link quality:0 signal level:0 noise: 0
with ifconfig in console i read:
inet address 127.0.0.0 mask 255.0.0.0 (but i know my router i setted up to mask 255.255.255.248)
up loopback running mtu: 16436 metric:1
i also have tryed command Pump -i eth0 but result error.
Please help me.
NoTech
07-20-2005, 09:00 AM
Hmm! Finally i configured my W-lan card this night!
I used Netcardconfig command
filled all the settings in the wizard and then run
Pump -i eth0 (where eth0 is my W-lan card).
Harry Kuhman
07-20-2005, 01:00 PM
Hmm! Finally i configured my W-lan card this night!
I used Netcardconfig
compiled all the settings and then run
Pump -i eth0 (where eth0 is my W-lan)
You compiled with netcardconfig? It's not a compiler. I think you are using the word improperly and have no idea what you did. I hardly see how you could have done all the wireless setup with netcardconfig either, since it has no concept of wireless settings like SSID.
Perhaps you would be willing to document the actual full commands that you did (like you did for pump) for each step?
NoTech
07-20-2005, 06:08 PM
Sorry,I have corrected now.
NetcardConfig is all I used,it asked me for my SSID too.
The only problem I have now is to restore settings from floppy:
On linux boot I write down:
Linux myconfig=//mnt/auto/floppy
I also have tryed:
linux myconfig=scan
Both without success,could you suggest me the right command? Thank you.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.