PDA

View Full Version : Change TUX logo on top left corner..?



cluzterix
07-29-2005, 03:21 AM
Hi, all.
I want to remaster Knoppix to a nice of customization in my version. I realy want to change most attractive thing on Knoppix. I want to ask:
1. How to change TUX logo on top left corner while linux detecting hardwares?
2. How to change KDE menu picture on taskbar?
3. How to change KNOPPIX on sidebar menu?

I realy realy thank you for anyone for helping me..
Best regards!

UnderScore
07-29-2005, 04:19 AM
tux when booting up is controlled by the linux kernel itself as part of a high res console. You can "disable" it by either booting into normal vga console with the cheat code of: knoppix vga=normal
To change it from Tux to something else then you will have to recompile the kernel.

As for the others, I would start by checking the KDE documentation as to how it fills those pieces.

ViaD
11-17-2005, 02:37 AM
"How to change KNOPPIX on sidebar menu?"

usr/share/apps/kicker/pics

"How to change KDE menu picture on taskbar?"

usr/share/apps/kdm/pics