View Full Version : Change splash image of hardware detection.
cluzterix
08-01-2005, 04:13 PM
Hi..
I am wondering about how to change splash image when harware detection shown on desktop of knoppix 3.7.
If anyone can help me how to doing this, i very very appreciate for any help.
Thank you.
best regadrs.
UnderScore
08-01-2005, 04:50 PM
Do you mean the splash such as this?
http://www.virtualacuity.com/james/knoppix-other/knop40/general/thumbs/snapshot9.jpg (http://www.virtualacuity.com/james/knoppix-other/knop40/general/snapshot9.png)
Or this?
http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/352_th/2.gif (http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/352_or/2.png)
It is KDE's ksplash http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdebase/ksplashml/introduction.html
You can see the PNG image files at /usr/share/apps/ksplash/Themes/
cluzterix
08-02-2005, 01:08 PM
I think at the first image, when knoppix show splash image while configuring device/hardware.
I want to change the image then do remastering.
How to doing this, please.. :)
I think at the first image, when knoppix show splash image while configuring device/hardware.
Just boot your Knoppix:
boot: linux splash
When remastering, add that 'splash' to /KNOPPIX.build/Knoppix.Master/KNOPPIX-CUSTOM/boot/isolinux/isolinux.cfg.
That's it.
-tapsa-
cluzterix
08-06-2005, 04:42 PM
Just boot your Knoppix:
boot: linux splash
When remastering, add that 'splash' to /KNOPPIX.build/Knoppix.Master/KNOPPIX-CUSTOM/boot/isolinux/isolinux.cfg.
Dear, tr..
But, how to configuring the splash image, detection sentences, and icons.
Actualy, i am interesting about a kind of KDE splash theme which has same theme like WinXP when appearing 'welcome' of blue screen.
I realy want to change splash theme same like that. I forgot the name of the KDE theme, but I am sure it can be done..
Please give me some suggestion, please... :(
Thank you..
Best regards.
But, how to configuring the splash image, detection sentences, and icons.
Actualy, i am interesting about a kind of KDE splash theme which has same theme like WinXP when appearing 'welcome' of blue screen.
I don't know the name of the theme you are looking for, but theme which Knoppix uses is located in
/usr/share/apps/ksplash/Themes/Default/.
You can test your new theme by running
test-splash.sh
-tapsa-
CrashOver
08-06-2005, 06:48 PM
I don't know the name of the theme you are looking for, but theme which Knoppix uses is located in
/usr/share/apps/ksplash/Themes/Default/.
You can test your new theme by running
test-splash.sh
-tapsa-
I checked knoppix live cd KDE theme path, but it completely different. The image is all about KDE it self, not same like knoppix splash image.
Just use kde's Control Center--->splash screen--->change to whatever splash you want
Or get a new one from kde looks and extract to /usr/share/apps/ksplash/Themes/.
Once you have select your default kde splash , copy /home/knooppix/.kde to /etc/skel.
Done.
Bootsplash is a different thing, you need to patch your kernel with splash patch.
Meaning, you need to recompile your kernel and do lots of adjustment on miniroot file.
Once done, you need to include your splash themes and statically compiled splash.c to miniroot.
Add splash=silent to isolinux.cfg.
You might want to comment some line in knoppix-autoconfig if there is statement on splash (scripted).
Done.
For the scripted bootsplash, do as tr suggestion.
cluzterix
08-08-2005, 08:00 AM
Just use kde's Control Center--->splash screen--->change to whatever splash you want
Or get a new one from kde looks and extract to /usr/share/apps/ksplash/Themes/.
Once you have select your default kde splash , copy /home/knooppix/.kde to /etc/skel.
Done.
Mmm, it means I have to remaster from HD installed. If I remaster from CD, is there another way?.. :roll:
thank you shah..
You don't have to do it from hdd remaster.
Infact, I did it on cd remaster using fabianz's script.
I also did use grub instead of isolinux as bootloader by manually mkisof instead of mkisofs from fabianz's script.
I only use fabianz's script when I want to compress my remaster.
cheers.
cluzterix
08-10-2005, 09:37 AM
Can I get the script? Because I want to change LILO to GRUB too..
thanks shah :)
You can get Fabianx's script from here:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12578
Once finished with the mkcompress thing.........copy the KNOPPIX file tu other folder.
Example:
folder /remaster
in that folder, create 2 subfolder:
1) boot
2) KNOPPIX
Inside folder /remaster/boot you create another /grub subfolder with all it's file:
/remaster/boot/grub:
i) boot.cat
ii) iso9660_stage1_5
iii) menu.lst
iv) message
v) stage2
Your menu.lst should look something like this:
title Knoppix remastered
kernel (cd)/boot/vmlinuz lang=us ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init noapic acpi=off apm=power-off vga=791 splash=silent initrd=miniroot.gz quiet BOOT_IMAGE=KNOPPIX
initrd (cd)/boot/miniroot.gz
Inside /remaster/boot folder, put:
miniroot.gz
and
vmlinuz (kernel)
And inside /remaster/KNOPPIX, put the compressed KNOPPIX file.
Because i don't know about scripting, I create another dummy folder called iso.
Then i ran this command inside /remaster:
mkisofs -r -l -J -v -no-emul-boot -pad -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -hide-rr-moved -V KNOPPIX -b boot/grub/iso9660_stage1_5 -c boot/grub/boot.cat -o remaster.iso /"path"/remaster /"path"/iso
Don't ask me why I need "dummy" folder.
It's the way I got it to work.
:D
cluzterix
08-11-2005, 12:28 PM
wOw, thanks shah, thank you so much for helps.. :D
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.