PDA

View Full Version : Splash screen problem..



RedBrain
08-16-2005, 04:02 PM
Dear all..
I want to change knoppix default screen on live cd to my custom splash image.
I have find file named 'splash_top.png' in 'usr/share/apps/ksplash/pics' but I can't find it.
I just found this:
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/7453/kdeshots9tn.th.png (http://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kdeshots9tn.png)

Actualy, what is the easy way to modify it?

Please, I realy need the way.

Thanks a lot.

Regards.
Brain.[/img]

stuart_b
08-19-2005, 11:38 PM
From what you show, it looks like you are concerned with the KDE splash, not the boot splash. Right?

I used nelsongs's script (updated first version) to remaster from a HD install http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18222 and find that the splash I had set up for my primary user became the splash for the live CD. At least on my first production copy--later I removed all the window managers but KDE, and added FVWM and XFCE. Now on the new one the CD boots to XFCE. But as long as the CD was booting to KDE it was using my user's splash. That might be the simplest way to get where you want.

stuart_b
08-19-2005, 11:54 PM
Oh, yeah. The splash screen itself is fairly easy to change, once you are working with a hard drive install. Exactly where the splash screens are is a little hard to explain right now, as I'm not in Linux, but the location was fairly easy to find. I suggest you look at "redmond" for your customization, as "simple" doesn't seem to have any obvious graphics files, and the others have lots of pieces you need to figure out. I made a revised version of "redmond" by just editing the background image file with GIMP. I saved it in its own directory instead of messing up the default "redmond", and found the Control Center applet immediately recognized it. You need to edit the background image and a text file--and the preview image if you want the Control Center applet to show what it really looks like.

RedBrain
08-20-2005, 07:35 PM
thanks stuart..
i thought i won't get some reply.
thanks for your kind :D
regards