PDA

View Full Version : How to make Knoppix 3.9 crash



Jorge Martínez
09-13-2005, 09:03 PM
This unlikely behaviour can be easily achieved by trying to delete a large file. The menu in 3.9 only allows you to move to trash. If the file is say 2 GB, no trash, no RAM has this capacity. Instead of telling you so, 3.9 crashes and you have to reboot. So you have no way to erase any large file. However, the 3.8 Knoppix gave you another option in the menu, a straight delete of the file. Obviously, it is convenient to bring this option back.

Markus
09-14-2005, 08:19 AM
You can always delete from command line. In konqueror you can delete without moving to trash by using the same key combination as in windows after highlighting the file, shift-del. You can get the delete option back with Settings -> Configure Konqueror -> Behaviour -> Check 'Show delete'

Jorge Martínez
09-14-2005, 02:42 PM
Thank you. The shift+del does the trick. However, after "K Menu -> Settings", in my 3.9 I have not the "Configure Konqueror" option. I wouldn't require now to bring-back the option, but I tried to follow the advised script for the sake of learning something else. I still think that having the option in by default as in 3.8 would be fine.

Markus
09-14-2005, 04:35 PM
The option can be found from the konqueror menu, not k-menu. You're right though, it might as well be set as default.

Jorge Martínez
09-16-2005, 02:42 PM
Thank you. It did the trick now.