carolina1
09-16-2005, 04:04 AM
I'm running MEPIS right now and its "okay".
I started with the standard Knoppix disc from the Knoppix.org site.
Problem is I like Knoppix exactly the way it was set up on the CD, but I want to run it off the hard drive to make navigation easier.( I still have spreadsheets from the old lotus 123 days that I keep converting).
Problem is , I can't seem to find a download that will give me exactly or close to what I had on that original disc.
Anyone know where to get a installable version. Sorry, if I'm dumb and just keep missing it.
The neww OO2.0 beta is great and the only thing that is missing is the Opera browser which is much more secure than Firefox.
I understand that it is basically Debian, but it was packaged so well on the disc.
Thanks in advance.
I started with the standard Knoppix disc from the Knoppix.org site.
Problem is I like Knoppix exactly the way it was set up on the CD, but I want to run it off the hard drive to make navigation easier.( I still have spreadsheets from the old lotus 123 days that I keep converting).
Problem is , I can't seem to find a download that will give me exactly or close to what I had on that original disc.
Anyone know where to get a installable version. Sorry, if I'm dumb and just keep missing it.
The neww OO2.0 beta is great and the only thing that is missing is the Opera browser which is much more secure than Firefox.
I understand that it is basically Debian, but it was packaged so well on the disc.
Thanks in advance.