HappyDays
09-24-2005, 12:37 AM
I have windows xp pro and I need to recover an old admin password.
I have Knoppix 3.9, and I boot into it and I can see the hd already mounted. I can also see my 1 gig thumb drive and the files I have on it. What I need to do is copy a folder to the thumb drive. I right clicked on the drive icons on my desktop and changed my Permissions to read and write, and I also unchecked "Read-Only" on the Device tab. But when I try to drag the files into the thumb drive, it says in the status bar that I do not have permission. Where did I go wrong?
I have Knoppix 3.9, and I boot into it and I can see the hd already mounted. I can also see my 1 gig thumb drive and the files I have on it. What I need to do is copy a folder to the thumb drive. I right clicked on the drive icons on my desktop and changed my Permissions to read and write, and I also unchecked "Read-Only" on the Device tab. But when I try to drag the files into the thumb drive, it says in the status bar that I do not have permission. Where did I go wrong?