sammy1971
09-30-2005, 10:15 PM
Hey Guys,
This is my first time attempting to use any linux dist, I have downloaded Knoppix 4.0.2 Live CD as an attempt tolearn this excellent OS.
the reason for wanting to switch to Linux is I am fed up of Window$ and its Pimp Micro$oft. Tired of getting viruses and trojans everytime I go online.
I have a PC running XP SP2 I think this PC is infected with virus simply because its not booting at all.
I want to do a virus scan using Knoppix4.02 Live Cd but have no clue how to do that or where to start.
I googled and found more than one article, I followed the instructions steps by step and still have no luck in starting the virus scan
some of items I read are
http://www.onlamp.com/lpt/wlg/7274
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/5118
http://www.ale.org/archive/ale/ale-2004-05/msg00993.html
The first one is using knoppix 4.0 and the version I am using is V4.0.2, isnt that the same version with minor adjustments?
I would really appreciate it if anyone would be kind enough to tell me how to use knoppix 4.0.2 to perform a virus scan on windows partitions
keep in mind this is my first attempt to use linux
Update: sorry for the stupid subject line, I wouldnt want to read it myself with the first subject line:-)
This is my first time attempting to use any linux dist, I have downloaded Knoppix 4.0.2 Live CD as an attempt tolearn this excellent OS.
the reason for wanting to switch to Linux is I am fed up of Window$ and its Pimp Micro$oft. Tired of getting viruses and trojans everytime I go online.
I have a PC running XP SP2 I think this PC is infected with virus simply because its not booting at all.
I want to do a virus scan using Knoppix4.02 Live Cd but have no clue how to do that or where to start.
I googled and found more than one article, I followed the instructions steps by step and still have no luck in starting the virus scan
some of items I read are
http://www.onlamp.com/lpt/wlg/7274
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/5118
http://www.ale.org/archive/ale/ale-2004-05/msg00993.html
The first one is using knoppix 4.0 and the version I am using is V4.0.2, isnt that the same version with minor adjustments?
I would really appreciate it if anyone would be kind enough to tell me how to use knoppix 4.0.2 to perform a virus scan on windows partitions
keep in mind this is my first attempt to use linux
Update: sorry for the stupid subject line, I wouldnt want to read it myself with the first subject line:-)