View Full Version : Installation error
I figured out how to write to my drives but they are in NTFS format and i need to install Captive-NTFS but when i run the install script it says "Missing root.tar.bz2 !" which is in the same folder so it shouldn't have any problem.
Any suggestions?
tdjokic
11-03-2005, 04:36 PM
How did you run script? You must type ./[name of script] - this "./" means the same folder.
ckamin
11-03-2005, 05:42 PM
but they are in NTFS format and i need to install Captive-NTFS
Just a reminder, if you have NOT already seen any other advice on this. Writing to an NTFS partition is NOT recommended using Captive NTFS or any other program other than a Windows based tool. I have personally had drive corruption issues doing so. Captive -NTFS is not presently supported or updated. Look at the following message on Knopper.net:
*)A free (GPL) NTFS write support is currently under development. Experimental-friendly testers may find the corresponding tools and instructions for accessing rw-mounts of NTFS-Partitions, on the DVD (use at your own risk).
There is a link provided for more information: http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/
In ANY event, if there are files you do not wish to lose, back them up BEFORE trying to write to the NTFS partitions.
Yes I DO know that many people have been lucky enough to write to NTFS partitions with Linux successfully, but I am also very aware that there have been many that have had disastrous results as well.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.