lorddamax
11-10-2005, 07:09 PM
Here's the short version, only SOME changes I make to /etc/skel appear in /home/knoppix, and its driving me crazy.
I add a .vnc directory containing a vnc password (I installed a VNC server on my remaster), and when I boot from the image... the .vnc directory is in /etc/skel but NOT /home/knoppix
I added a .xsession script to auto-start some apps in /etc/skel, on boot its not in /home/knoppix
I touched a file called AARGHHHH in /etc/skel/Desktop and it IS there in /home/knoppix... so I know it's not totally ignoring EVERYTHING in /etc/skel.... just most things I put there.
Does anyone have any idea why? This is driving me completely insane.
In addition, I have a GNUstep directory in /etc/skel (was there from the master) and that is never in /home/knoppix. Is there some cleanup script that is running that is removing items from /home/knoppix?
I add a .vnc directory containing a vnc password (I installed a VNC server on my remaster), and when I boot from the image... the .vnc directory is in /etc/skel but NOT /home/knoppix
I added a .xsession script to auto-start some apps in /etc/skel, on boot its not in /home/knoppix
I touched a file called AARGHHHH in /etc/skel/Desktop and it IS there in /home/knoppix... so I know it's not totally ignoring EVERYTHING in /etc/skel.... just most things I put there.
Does anyone have any idea why? This is driving me completely insane.
In addition, I have a GNUstep directory in /etc/skel (was there from the master) and that is never in /home/knoppix. Is there some cleanup script that is running that is removing items from /home/knoppix?