PDA

View Full Version : stuck..



flandercan
11-21-2005, 12:27 PM
Hi,

I can not see where im going wrong ?!

I am following the remaster document and got to the following section


Re mastering the CD
a)Make an ISO image
1) Make a new directory on /mnt/hda3
I called it NewCd
Copy Everything except Compressed image file(KNOPPIX) from knoppix cd (look at /cdrom). You can safely delete the directories demos and talks
2) Create the compressed Image
#mkisofs -R /mnt/hda3/KNOPPIX | create_compressed_fs - 65536 > /mnt/hda3/NewCD/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX

3) Recreate the bootable CD
#cd /mnt/hda3

#mkisofs -r -J -b KNOPPIX/boot.img -c KNOPPIX/boot.cat -o myknoppix.iso NewCd


When i run the last command


#mkisofs -r -J -b KNOPPIX/boot.img -c KNOPPIX/boot.cat -o myknoppix.iso NewCd

I get the messahe uh oh can not find the KNOPPIX/boot.img, if i go into the directory it isnt there, the document doesnt explain how to create this image.

I have searched the cd for the image file and i have searched the net for people having the same problem but in both cases didnt find an answer so it must be somthing i am doing wrong?

any help would be great

thanks
Paul

flandercan
11-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Ok the document i was reading was using the boot.img and from reading these forums and the knoppix documentation i see i have to use the isolinux.bin file so run the following command



mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b /cdrom/boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c /cdrom/boot/isolinux/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o /mnt/hda3/knoppix_iso/knoppix.iso NewCd/



My paths are a little different to whats in the document but match wht i have on the install running this command i get




Scanning NewCd/
Scanning NewCd/boot
Scanning NewCd/boot/isolinux
Scanning NewCd/KNOPPIX
call to search_tree_file with an absolute path, stripping
initial path separator. Hope this was intended...
mkisofs: Uh oh, I cant find the boot catalog directory '/cdrom/boot/isolinux'!


ok so move these files to the dir that i am running the command from and try this command



mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b isolinux.bin -c boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o /mnt/hda3/knoppix_iso/knoppix.iso NewCd/


I then get this error



Scanning NewCd/
Scanning NewCd/boot
Scanning NewCd/boot/isolinux
Scanning NewCd/KNOPPIX
Writing: Initial Padblock Start Block 0
Done with: Initial Padblock Block(s) 16
Writing: Primary Volume Descriptor Start Block 16
Done with: Primary Volume Descriptor Block(s) 1
Writing: Eltorito Volume Descriptor Start Block 17
mkisofs: Uh oh, I cant find the boot image 'isolinux.bin' !



What am i doing wrong?

Paul
[/quote]

Harry Kuhman
11-21-2005, 06:11 PM
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16574

flandercan
11-21-2005, 08:49 PM
a remastering problem in the remastering section ??

very helpfull

I dont think your here to serve me i simply turn to you for help because i can not work out the solution, i though the idea behind the open comunity was to share knowlage and information. I didnt ask anyone to sort the problem out for me i simply asked if someone could point me in the right direction.

Never mind ill work it out myself ...

tut
#

Harry Kuhman
11-22-2005, 12:16 AM
a remastering problem in the remastering section ??
No. as I even put in my subject line, I was not posting about your choice of sections, but about your extremely poor choice of subject lines. No help for you!