PDA

View Full Version : Only 2 little requests



chazim
12-15-2005, 05:04 PM
Dear Santa <grin>,
All I can think of, I can use right now is, USB WiFi card support, through hotplug, and, a easier way to install programs, drivers and new kernels.
This is where I want to play, but, being still reletively new to Linux and Knoppix, is why it's taking so long for me to get there on my own.

sakiZ
12-15-2005, 05:47 PM
All I can think of, I can use right now is, USB WiFi card support, through hotplug, and, a easier way to install programs, drivers and new kernels.

Synaptic is about as friendly/easy as you can get for installing apps/drivers/ etc. It's a GUI program. It will warn you first of programs it might need to remove. You can configure it: ie: to install "stable" as the preferred default.

If you don't have it installed, try apt-get install synaptic.

Can't help you with WiFi.

sakiZ