PDA

View Full Version : Remastering Problem Please Help



DelphiEngine
01-02-2006, 02:29 AM
Hi there,

I am trying to remaster and I have gone through the whole manual but I keep getting the following Error:


Error: Remounting rw, suid, dev of /dev/hda8 failed.
Do you want to try again?

I keep pressing Yes but still nothing, and in the terminal the messages being verbosed says:

mount: you must specify the filesystem type

Also by the way I have mounted the filesystem in lots of ways and tried but the same error exits, these are the ways I mounted my filesystem:

mount -t ext3 -o rw,suid,dev /dev/hda8 /hda3
mount -t ext3 -o rw /dev/hda8 /hda3

Please can anyone help me solve this problem ?????

cesman
01-03-2006, 01:54 AM
First thing I'd suggest is fsck the partition to ensure all is well.

fsck.ext3 /dev/hda8

DelphiEngine
01-03-2006, 02:17 AM
Thanx man but I have solved the problem
thank you very much

cesman
01-03-2006, 08:53 AM
You're welcome. Perhaps posting how you solved this so others may learn?

DelphiEngine
01-05-2006, 08:34 AM
Well Ok
simply do not mount the filesystems like this:
mount -rw /dev/hda9 /foldername/hda9

NO DO IT THIS WAY:
mount -rw /dev/hda9

it shall be automatically mounted on /mnt/hda9
Thats all