View Full Version : Wine question
luxor
01-13-2006, 10:29 AM
I like using the Knoppix cd because nothing is installed on my hardrive. However, when using Wine it says it creates a 'fake windows partition'. Is this partition created on my hardrive or just in RAM? I do have my hardrive partitions set as read-only.
ruymbeke
01-13-2006, 06:34 PM
I like using the Knoppix cd because nothing is installed on my hardrive. However, when using Wine it says it creates a 'fake windows partition'. Is this partition created on my hardrive or just in RAM? I do have my hardrive partitions set as read-only.
Ram only unless you have setup a persistent home directory.
BTW, if you like the cd/dvd approach (nothing installed on your hdd because of a corporate computer)
you may like this faster way to boot Knoppix:
Have a look in here: http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Win_Partition
and here: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=98279#98279
Best Regards,
Gilles
OErjan
01-13-2006, 06:40 PM
most likely just in ram, it is created in your /home/username directory
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.