PDA

View Full Version : Screen not at full resolution



PlantPerson
01-15-2006, 05:03 PM
I set up Knoppix on my Toshiba Techra laptop yesterday, and it ran great, except that the screen, which can go up to 1024x768 on Windows, would not run higher than 800x600. It booted into 800x600, and 800x600 was the highest resolution available through KDE. Why is this? Can I possibly boot it at 1024?

chadlongstaff
01-15-2006, 10:45 PM
At boot:knoppix screen=1024x768

Does anyone know how to get full screen resolution at 1280x768?

PlantPerson
01-16-2006, 01:01 AM
I am aware of that code, but I was afraid to try it, because I was under the impression that Knoppix runs the highest available resolution by default. On this laptop, that would be 1024x768. Why did it do 800x600?

chadlongstaff
01-21-2006, 06:21 PM
knoppix noswap screen=1024x768, stops knoppix even using a swap file. I can only think that you are afraid of corrupting your hard drive in some way, the noswap option is handy if you are partiitioning for an installation as well. My advice is just to try it, you might initially get a scrambled screen, but be patient it can sort itself out. :D