Fabianx
02-14-2006, 03:28 AM
Hi,
has been a loooong time since my last announce here.
To cut things short:
I'm working on a method to retrieve deb files out of any installed system (dpkg-repack), but in a more automized way so you can do:
Put an entry like "deb installed:/UNIONFS ./" to /etc/apt/sources.list.
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
It seems to work and should make it possible to upgrade an existing installation from a Knoppix-CD as easy as one can update a debian system.
For now this is more for experts and I look forward to feedback.
For more information see:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-knoppix/2006/02/msg00011.html
and
http://lists.debian.org/debian-knoppix/2006/02/msg00012.html
Thanks goes to iso-top.info, where I am currently hacking that.
cu
Fabian
has been a loooong time since my last announce here.
To cut things short:
I'm working on a method to retrieve deb files out of any installed system (dpkg-repack), but in a more automized way so you can do:
Put an entry like "deb installed:/UNIONFS ./" to /etc/apt/sources.list.
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
It seems to work and should make it possible to upgrade an existing installation from a Knoppix-CD as easy as one can update a debian system.
For now this is more for experts and I look forward to feedback.
For more information see:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-knoppix/2006/02/msg00011.html
and
http://lists.debian.org/debian-knoppix/2006/02/msg00012.html
Thanks goes to iso-top.info, where I am currently hacking that.
cu
Fabian