PDA

View Full Version : Music CDs



canjohn
02-25-2006, 11:04 PM
This may be a silly question. Should I be able to play regular commercial CD on Knoppix? I am trying Knoppix LiceCD 4.0.

I do not seem able to read regular standard CDs. I have an MP3 cd which I can read and play, but not my regular cds.

I am really new to Linux and could use some help.

THanks.

canjohn
02-27-2006, 06:03 PM
SOLUTION FOUND

I got the audio cd to play using XMMS. Here is what I did

1. I went into O(ptions) on the XMMS menu - left side marked by an O
2. I went into Preferences
3. I selected audio CD player, Then Configure, Then Options.
4. Under Default CD Device I changed from /dev/cdrom (which has Knoppix DVD) to /dev/cdrom1 (my cd-rw device).
5. I went back to the Preference dialogue and clicked on CD Audio Player
6. I clicked on COnfigure again.
7. This time I clicked Add Drive at the bottom. I In Device I added /dev/cdrom1. I also chalged to Digital Audio Extraction.